Friday, February 22, 2008

Grants To Pay For A Down Payment

on a home are available through a non-profit organization called AmeriDream, Inc. It's a little complicated, but my understanding is that to get government money to buy a home, the seller cannot give you a down payment to help you buy the home. But they can give the money to a non-profit, who in turn can give you the money. Anyway, the deal can get done and you don't need to put up money.

Sphere: Related Content

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

$7,500 To Cover The Cost of Equipment For People with Disabilities

the state of Arkansas offers a Medicaid waiver which can provide up to $7,500 to cover the cost of adaptive equipment for people with disabilities. Contact: Development Disabilities Services, Department of Human Services; 870-773-0563

Sphere: Related Content

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Money and Help Before And After Adoption

The U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services gave $4 million to 13 organizations to help families with adoptions. Find an organization near you at Children's Bureau , 330 C Street, SW, Washington, DC 20447; 800-FYI-3366

Sphere: Related Content

Monday, February 18, 2008

$450,000 to Make an Apartment Building Assisted Living

Called the Assisted Living Conversion For Eligible Multifamily Housing Projects and referred to as Program #14.314 in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, this program provides financial assistance to private nonprofit owners of eligible developments designed for the elderly with a grant to allow the conversion of some or all of the dwelling units in the project into Assisted Living Facilities (ALF's) serving frail elderly, as defined in Section 232(B)(6) of the National Housing Act. Contact your local office of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development

Sphere: Related Content