Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Government Will Pay My Mortgage

Housing Details: "There are now programs that will make your mortgage payments for you when you get into financial trouble. For example, Pennsylvania law, 35 P.S. § 1680.401 et seq., states it will provide ""mortgage assistance payments to homeowners who are in danger of losing their homes through foreclosure and through no fault of their own and who have a reasonable prospect of resuming mortgage payments within the prescribed time frame."" Pennsylvania calls it the ""Homeowners' Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program."" One of the best ways to find out if there are programs like this in your area is to contact the local HUD approved Housing Counseling agencies. To find your closest agency, contact your state housing office, the Housing Counseling Center locator at 1-888-466-3487; {www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcc_home.cfm}, or Housing Counseling Clearinghouse, P.O. Box 9057, Gaithersburg, MD 20898; 800-217-6970; Fax: 301-519-6655. If your local agency doesn't have money to pay your mortgage, they will certainly help you work out other arrangements with your mortgage company."

Grant URL: http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcc_home.cfm

Sphere: Related Content