Thursday, October 16, 2008

$20,000 Grant To Study Abroad.....

or you can get $10,000 to study for just one semester or about $5,000 to study during the summer. And remember the government cannot discriminate because of age. Wouldn't you like to take a summer off and study overseas.

Sphere: Related Content

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

50% Discount For Teachers K-12 To Buy A Home

Called the 'Teacher Next Door Initiative and referred to as Program #14.310 in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance, this program is designed to strengthen America's communities by encouraging public and private school teachers to live in low and moderate income neighborhoods. Teachers (State-certified in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade) may purchase HUD-owned single unit properties located in designated revitalization areas at a 50 percent discount off list price. Teachers must agree to occupy homes as their sole residence for a period of 3 years. The teacher must also agree to execute a second mortgage and note in the name of the Department for an amount equal to the 50 percent discount. This zero interest note will gradually decrease over the 3-year mandatory residence period until it reaches zero. Should the teacher leave the home before the 1st anniversary of occupancy, 90 percent of the discounted amount will be due to HUD. Departure before the 2nd anniversary of occupancy will require a 60 percent repayment, and departure before the 3rd anniversary of occupancy will require a 30 percent repayment of the discounted amount. Contact your local office of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development

Sphere: Related Content

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cars Available At Steep Discounts

Vehicles for Change solicits donations of used cars from the community and rehabs the vehicles for resale to eligible individuals and families. Vehicles for Change repairs the donated cars in partnership with Precision Tune and CertiPro Warehouse and provides them to qualified families for a nominal fee of $700-$950. Each recipient receives a 12-month loan to assist in the purchase of the car. Contact: Northern Virginia Family Services, Inc. 9842 Business Way, Manassas, VA 20110, 703-392-4901; Vehicles for Change Phone: (703) 533-2543

Sphere: Related Content

$22,000 Per Year To Get An Undergraduate Degree

Think you can't afford to get a college degree? Earn your bachelor's degree and let U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) pay your way. Through the DHS fellowship program, get your degree in the physical, biological, social, or behavioral sciences - including science policy, engineering, mathematics, or computer science. The program will pay your tuition and give you money to live on! You must have career and employment goals aligned with the mission and objectives of the DHS, but you are not required to accept a position with them following graduation. To learn how you can get your degree paid for, contact the U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Sphere: Related Content